oz. Seagull – Bay shore East Bay Small onion – Northern part of the Peninsula of Usino – southern part of the Peninsula Turbotastic horn Method of transportation: Water Theme route: Cultural-cognitive distance: 10 km Duration, days: 1 organized by: Crop Vyacheslav Viktorovich, the national Park “Braslav lakes”, Department of physical culture, sports and tourism of the Braslav district Executive Committee tel.:+3752153 2 94 66
Drivyaty lake: Oval basin dammed type is stretched in the latitudinal direction is almost 10 km, with an average width of 3.7 km of the Eastern part of the lake is strongly indented. There are shallow Luke — Roseta and Conversation. North slope basin moraine has a character and rises to 20 m above the water’s edge. The southern shore of lake flat and low-lying, wooded, and often swampy.
Into the lake from different sides into 11 small rivers and streams. The largest Cancer, Usvisa, Okunevka, Solvita. In the North-Eastern part of the reservoir originates river Druika — joining all the Braslav lake system. The water level in the lake and in the river Druika, regulated by the dam of the hydroelectric power station Braslav, located near the village of Chern.
Worth a visit:
Historical Museum: Located in the Central part of the city. In its 6 halls have published a very interesting collection. The Museum shows different periods starting from the Neolithic. Exhibits included many items found during excavations of burial mounds already referred to the VIII-XI centuries. The Museum of traditional culture: Located on the shore of lake Drivyaty in a former mill. The exposition of Museum, which introduces the traditions of basketry, weaving, pottery of Braslav. Castle hill: low buildings dominated by the Braslav Zamkovaya Mountain array. This is a high hill with a flat top and steep slopes. The mountain is a remarkable observation deck, which offers stunning panoramic views. At this point in the early middle ages there was a settlement of the Baltic tribe of the Latgalians, the ancestors of modern Latvians. As evidenced by excavations on the territory of Latgale settlement lived and the representatives of the Slavic tribe of krivichs. On Castle hill there is a memorial sign – a granite boulder, an inscription on which reads: “castle hill is the site of the founding of the city of Braslav. 1065.” On the mountain you can see the wooden sculpture composition – illustration to legend about the Foundation of the city.
Worth a visit:
The Church of the Nativity of the blessed virgin Mary: the Church was built in 1897 of stone and red brick. The main facade of the temple is decorated with three-tiered tower. The main Shrine of the Church is the miraculous icon of the Mother of God lady of the Braslav Lakes. Every year on August 22, the Church held celebrations honoring the miraculous icon.
In August 2009 the miraculous icon of the Mother of God lady of the Lakes crowned with the papal crowns. This is a rite in the Catholic Church the recognition of the wonderworking icon. According to historical evidence, the image of the Mother of God lady of the Lakes once stood in the Greek Catholic monastery, which was burned by lightning in 1832. And the icon miraculously survived! The image of the Mother of God in the Braslav first crowned the icon in the Vitebsk region and seventh in Belarus.
The Church Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary:
Opposite the Church is the Church of the assumption of the blessed virgin (1897) – an architectural monument of pseudo-Russian style.